Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Dr. Pepper Blues

So ,everyone who has been around me for the past month knows that my newest accessory, that never leaves my side, is my 28oz plastic Baylor Health Care System water mug with straw. Other than my trusty stretched out gauchos, it has become my most trustworthy adornment. Keeping my water at a refreshing 55 degrees without a hint of condensation on my furniture, this is the mug of all water mugs. And just this Monday I had the priviledge of bringing home a brand new one! I was so thrilled, as one of my other 2 suffered a fracture last week after being dropped (by my husband).

My mug and I are practically one in the same. The first thing my youngest neice asked me at my baby shower on Saturday was, "Where's your water bottle, Aunt Meredith?" Really? Is my water bottle catching such attention? Perhaps I've stumbled upon a new find- a hot, new spring accessory. Or perhaps, a healthful motivation for everyone my precious mug comes into contact with to drink your water. It definitely reminds me with each look that "The Best Babies Are Born At BAYLOR Health Care System" (clever advertising I must say).

Yet still, I wonder, what would happen if my water mug was to perhaps hold something besides the pure, clean, hydrating H2O? Would it ever recover its identity as my water mug? Or would it forever remain an adulterated Dr. Pepper mug because the Lord knows that is what I am craving this very minute. All I know is that I am willing to take the risk- to go beyond the injunction of the Baylor All Saints nurse and plunge into new territory, just me, my mug, and icy, cold Dr. Pepper.

This could be a wild ride. One that could result in further bloated thighs and cheeks (you know which ones). But again, this could be the beginning of something so sweet. And I mean syrupy, 400 calories, caffeinated, carbonated, dehydating sweetness. Hmmmmmm............ well, I guess I could always settle for diet.

3 comments:

  1. this made me laugh.
    like it really did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree- those mugs are great! I know I still have one from one of my children's births. Can't remember which one. I'm thinking maybe Drew's. Dr. Pepper does taste really good in it. Much better than water, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Meredith you are really making me want a Dr. Pepper!

    ReplyDelete