Sunday, March 1, 2009

Baby Shower!

This weekend was Ella's baby showers! Boy, is this girlie spoiled already. The first shower was at my sis-in-law Lisa's house. She and my sis-in-law Lanee', sisters Lauren and Ali, and longtime friend from kindergarten ,Tracy, hosted this family/friends shower. It was really wonderful. They did an amazing job on the food. Oh the fruit pizza was to die for! I could eat it on a daily basis.

It was really great to see a lot of my family, old friends, and piano students that I hadn't seen in weeks and months. I had to sit on my throne (Lisa's red chair and ottoman) while everyone brought me gifts and food. Can't say that's happened before, but it sure was nice! Well, the thing about people bringing me food while I sit on my rump happens on a daily basis now, but the whole present part sure was a plus! I'm positive that if it wasn't for the adorable little baby growing inside of me, Saturday would have consisted of laundry, cleaning toilets, and grooming a smelly dog, with perhaps an outing to Wal-Mart. You gotta love this baby!

Sunday night was my church shower, which I sadly was unable to attend. We thought that perhaps little sis Ali should don a blonde wig and faux baby bump and open the gifts in cognito, but the thrill of such an opportunity made her sick and she had to be absent from the shower. So, hubby and I opened the gifts together at home. Boy did I miss my girlfriends! He is forever fired from any further baby gift opening. Do you know that he could care less what was on the hiney of the bloomers or the scent of the baby lotion? He didn't even try to fake enthusiasm. I think his first comment was, "You mean we have to open these tonight?" Well, yeah! He did light up at the sight of a $20 bill. I haven't yet ementioned to him that that is designated diaper money- not daddy money.

In all seriousness, Brian and I really are so thankful for everything everyone has done for us this weekend- we really, really appreciate the showers, gifts, and words of love. It is such a huge help to us and an encouragement to see how many people love us. We love y'all and look forward to introducing Ella to each and everyone of you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had fun this last weekend! I have to agree though...with all your family, friends...this baby doesn't stand a chance of not being spoiled :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meredith!! I have a gift for you but I wasn't there on Sudnay night. I'm going to try to remember to bring it to Lauren tomorrow night so she can get it to you! Glad you got all kinds of good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete