Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Morning Cartoons


Do you remember the Saturday mornings of your childhood when you would wake up to Garfield and Friends and fresh donuts and chocolate milk? Oh I relish those memories. That is what I think of when I think of Saturday mornings. Unfortunately, this morning I woke up to a dog curled up beside me taking over half my pillow and a bowl of cheerios. Delightful.

Saturday mornings have changed so drastically. It's so quiet in the house and there are no boxes of fried, iced dough to satisfy my tastebuds. There are no sounds of Garfield scarfing down a lasagna. Although I do enjoy the peaceful mornings, I truly miss the Saturday mornings of my childhood.


I look forward to the future when I can help recreate these sort of memories for my kiddos. I want them to enjoy some of the little pleasures in life that I was fortunate enough to experience. It is so peculiar how things that seemed so ordinary at the time can be a source of sweet reminiscence years and years ahead.


What was your Saturday morning routine growing up? I would love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure that's why my favorite breakfast is still a chocolate donut with little round rainbow sprinkes and chocolate milk. NOTHING beats that.

    I actually told Chase one time that I couldn't wait to have kids so that I could take them to go eat donuts on Saturday mornings. We'll have to have donut breakfast dates with Ella and fetus.

    ReplyDelete